Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29, 2009: Nude Printing and Awkward Car Rides

The earliest part of this dream that I can remember was set in my workplace. I was in my office, sitting at my desk, when an old man came in, wanting to use the inkjet printers in my office to print his digital work. He was thin, tall, with bushy white hair and Colonel Sanders-esque facial hair, garbed in jogging gear and a sweatband. He stood in the doorway and began to disrobe; then he walked, naked, over to the printer, much to my astonishment and dismay. I was frustrated and not sure how to proceed; I walked over to tell him to leave. For some reason there was a soldering table in the print lab, so I was distracted by this and forgot about the man. Everything worked out though, as the man soon disappeared and I forgot about it. However, I did find a sock lodged in the printer.

Later, I was wandering around the campus and came upon a family who was interacting with some school staff and faculty. There was a mother and father, and three daughters; the oldest daugher, aged 18, was a student at this school; the middle one a teen; the youngest was eight or so. For some reason I was a family friend, and they welcomed me warmly, especially the daughters, who considered me as a brother.

Suddenly the dream was set ten years later, and I was travelling with this same family on a road trip in their van. The father was driving, the mother was in the passenger's seat up front, the two older sisters were in the middle, and I was sitting in the back seat with the youngest daugher, who was now in her late teens. She had inched over to sit practically in my lap, and was whispering her true feelings for me (which couldn't wait until a less awkward time and place apparently). As she whispered into my ear, she used our chance closeness to try to kiss me. The entire time I was sure that the father was going to look in the rear-view mirror at any moment and explode furiously at the unfortunate misunderstanding, and so I was awkwardly, conflictedly, trying to fend her off.

We eventually pulled into a grocery store parking lot; "dad" pulled up to the front of the store and parked in the fire lane. Everyone piled out, but only the mother and father headed toward the store's entrance. Meanwhile a meter maid pulled up and, rather than writing a ticket for the van parked in the fire lane, boxed us in so that we wouldn't be able to drive off while she called the police, who would themselves write the parking ticket. The father came back, and rather than being upset about being boxed in and getting a ticket, was upset that we were losing valuable time because we had to wait for the police to show up and give us a ticket before we could leave. This is about where I woke up and the dream ended.

*****

I have no idea what the hell a naked guy printing means, other than me being uncomfortable.

I like how my dream about some nymphet coming on to me in the presence of her parents plays out about how you would expect in some sort of generic movie scene.

Not much else to say about these dreams.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment