Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22, 2009: School Dreams Again

In the first dream that I recall, I was at my dad's house for dinner. He had said something that really made me mad, so I told him off and stormed out. That's about all I remember of that dream.

While there were a few bits and pieces of other dreams that I can't quite piece together, the last dream I had before I woke up was about school. I was in lecture for a class that I'm actually taking this semester, and surprisingly most of the details were accurate: the instructor was the same woman, and the class was held in a room of identical layout; the only major difference was that there was an elevator in the classroom, directly behind my seat in the back left corner of the classroom if facing toward the blackboard.
Apparently my corner of the room was dimly lit, because I would keep reaching back and pushing the button to open the elevator door, and the light from within the elevator would better illuminate my corner.
Meanwhile, a girl in the class was complaining to the instructor that the assignments from the workbook were too difficult (again, surprisingly accurate); in this case, the instructor had given the wrong page number for an assignment so the class had all done the wrong homework. The instructor agreed that she would omit that one from the grade, but she stressed the importance of doing the workbook assignments.
About this time my corner became dim again, so I reached back and pushed the elevator button to open the doors and turn on the light. This distracted the instructor so that she called on me to give a explanation as to the importance of the workbook assignments. When I started to respond, someone else started talking at the same time; I guess we had the same name and were confused as to which Matt she called on. So this other Matt and I just started talking to each other, holding our own dialogue about the workbook.
When we finished, I looked about and realized that there were only about three students left in the class. I looked at my watch and realized that class had been over for two minutes, and everyone had been piling out. This is about where the dream ended and I woke up.

*****

I'm surprised that the dream was so accurate in depicting this particular class. Usually dreams with familiar themes such as school and work will be really off. Though the full-fledged elevator right behind my seat as a source of light kind of made up for all the other accuracies.

No comments:

Post a Comment