Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 25, 2009: School Dreams

In last night's dream, I was again in a classroom, though the course was taught by someone who instructs at the school I work at as opposed to the school I attend. There was a rather small group of students in attendance, most of them girls from the Textiles class that the aforementioned instructor teaches, and we were all seated in a semi-circle with the focus toward the front of the class.
For some reason I had brought my computer to school; it was plugged into the projector and displaying everything up on the screen in front of the class. I was playing a computer game, and a few students were annoyed that I was projecting this game up onto the screen instead of doing something productive. So I quit the game and shut down the projector to free up the blackboard.
Suddenly my sister came in to provide a guest lecture of some sort. She was wearing a giant backpack that she never removed. She stood in front of the class, speaking to us and writing on the blackboard; however, we couldn't understand what she was saying, nor could we read her illegible handwriting in chalk. After a while I heard a baby crying, and I realized that the backpack my sister was wearing had a baby in it. I deduced that she was keeping the baby in there as to not be a distraction to the class, but I though that it was extremely inappropriate to keep a baby in a closed backpack. The dream ended shortly thereafter.

*****

Yay for school dreams. I'm sure they will be an almost nightly occurrence until graduation in a few weeks. I love how I give my sister no credit by assuming not only that she can't be understood, but that she'd be so negligent as to keep a baby in a zipped-up backpack.
There were a few other dreams last night, but I can't recall them.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment