Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April 21, 2009: Yet Another Beowulf Movie?

The only dream I can fully remember from last night was about yet another movie adaptation of Beowulf. Actually, the plot had nothing to do with the actual Beowulf poem; it was about a mother who was forced to give up her child in order to hide it from the marauding enemy forces of an opposing tribe. That child would grow up to be Beowulf, a great leader who would go on to exact vengeance against the enemy faction. And it was set in contemporary times for some reason; everyone was wearing suits, like it was some sort of mob film adaptation.

I guess I was watching it at a friend's house, because later he gave me a ride home. Only he ended up dropping me off on the shoulder of the freeway out in the middle of nowhere. That's about where the dream ended.

*****

Whenever I dream about movies, they are always about as far off from the actual movie as they can get and still have recognizable features, such as iconic characters. The most common movies in my dreams are those from the Star Wars franchise, which are almost always about the prequel films. I started having them between the releases of Episode I: the Stupid Name and Episode III: Pretend This Trilogy Didn't Happen. The dream versions of these films, though having recognizable characters such as Darth Vader, are so horrendously bad that they are really uncomfortable to sit... through...

Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment