Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 06: A Tsunami and Fighting Water Monsters

Just one shorter dream from last night....

The dream:  The earliest part of this dream I remember is being on the coast in what I would later find out was Japan and looking out to a turbulent sea.  As is often the case in my dreams, the waves on the ocean seemed impossibly big and violent.  I soon left the beach and went into a nearby beach house where I was staying with some friends.

In the house, we were watching the news of a massive earthquake off the coast.  Suddenly, I could see underwater where the earthquake had happened and witness the catastrophic damage to the undersea landscape: giant chunks of rock broke from from their base and crashed to the sea bed.  The scene flashed back to our beach house, and I knew we had scant moments before a tsunami.  Sure enough, as I shouted my warning to my friends, through the window we could see a giant wave of water heading toward the coastline.  I told everyone to brace for impact as I dashed from the window and dove onto the couch (which would help, apparently).

However, when the wave finally hit our house, it had subsided considerably: water flooded about a foot of the floor of our house and quickly washed out, doing little damage.  We walked outside to see the aftermath.

The landscape was eerily calm.  In the distance, the ocean had mysteriously receded far beyond the coastline; we could see a great amount of uncovered sea floor now in the open air.  Of the nearby beach area, we saw wreckage scattered about the beach and floating out in the water: broken houses, capsized boats, etc.  We also saw another unfortunate result of the tsunami:  strange alien creatures were now floating around in the water and the air about the damaged area.  Somehow I knew they were some sort of water monsters.  While I don't remember much of the details after this, we set about killing them before I woke up.

My thoughts:  I've had dreams about tsunamis or other flooding disasters before, but I guess the significance of this one being in Japan is evident.  Why I had it last night, however, I'm not sure.  And it's just not one my dreams if monsters or some other weird things don't show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment