Friday, September 2, 2011

September 02: Three Short Dreams

I had a few shorter dreams early this morning since I kept getting woken up by construction outside.  Here goes:

The dreams: In the first one I remember, I was staying the night at a friend's house - only he and his family weren't aware of this, apparently.  I was sleeping in the middle of their kitchen floor unbeknownst to everyone there.  Early in the morning my friend stumbled into the kitchen and was very surprised to see me laying there on the floor, covered in blankets.  I don't remember exactly why I was there or how I explained the situation to him - all I remember is how awkward it was.  Either way, after a while I heard his mom yelling from her room, asking what was going on down there.  I soon woke up from this dream.

The next dream I remember was really short, but a nostalgic one.  I was talking with a Japanese friend of mine on Skype; the next thing I know, I was in Japan, hanging out with her.  We were driving around Tokyo in a van, enjoying the evening.  That's about it for that one.

The final dream was a bit longer than the other two.  In this dream, I was watching a completely new Three Stooges episode.  At first I was unsure, but I soon realized that they had either gotten the original actors to reprise their roles or uncanny doubles to fill their shoes.  Either way, the episode embodied the classic slapstick humor of the original.  In this episode, the Stooges were at a large restaurant, partaking in a buffet.  After a while, as with any of my dreams that involve movies or similar media, I ended up in this locale and participating.  By this point it wasn't really a Three Stooges episode anymore so much as just me choosing food from the buffet and then eating.  The last thing I remember is eating a big piece of fish and picking out the bones.  And this is about where I bored myself awake.

***

My thoughts:  I'm again having dreams about sleeping in weird places. I wonder what that means....

The second dream was interesting, simply because I rarely dream about this friend, and yet today I got an email from her, saying she would be in the states and visiting my area in a few weeks. A premonition?

And the final dream I understand completely:  I've been watching a lot of classic Stooges and fretting over the rumors of a Three Stooges remake in the works (which will be terrible as these things usually are, and yet more so because there's no need to ruin the Three Stooges).

No comments:

Post a Comment